HybridZ

what the hell LOL

GrenadeZ

I could be wrong but I doubt this really is one of the "Nissan restored" Z's. The hatch seals and the upholstery around the shock towers seem to be showing some wear... (at least it's more wear than I would be willing to pay a premium for.)

And you know, why would someone pay 25k for a Z in original condition and then proceed to spend 10k or so in mods? If you're gonna mod a Z, wouldn't you start with a non-pristine, original Z at one-tenth the price? (Not that all of my car-related decisions have been this logical tho)

Guest Rolling Parts
why would someone pay 25k for a Z in original condition and then proceed to spend 10k or so in mods? If you're gonna mod a Z, wouldn't you start with a non-pristine, original Z at one-tenth the price? (Not that all of my car-related decisions have been this logical tho)

I agree completely.

Why remove everything that made the car cost 25K and replace them with other stuff? There are loads of other relatively pristine 240's in California that you could modd out for the same result for less than half the cost? More money than brains...

Why do people buy a 370Z and then put a complete turbo kit on it? (You guys did notice there was a 370 MODIFIED class at MSA this year, what...a couple of months after introduction?)

Asking why someone bought the best car they could to start a project with smacks of something... No different than someone buying a new car then doing similar workovers...IMO

I agree completely.

Why remove everything that made the car cost 25K and replace them with other stuff? There are loads of other relatively pristine 240's in California that you could modd out for the same result for less than half the cost? More money than brains...

I gather those re-issue S30's were not in fact original at all. Supposedly there were quite a few mix-and-match parts from across the years used in the restorations.

Guest Rolling Parts
Why do people buy a 370Z and then put a complete turbo kit on it? (You guys did notice there was a 370 MODIFIED class at MSA this year, what...a couple of months after introduction?)

Asking why someone bought the best car they could to start a project with smacks of something... No different than someone buying a new car then doing similar workovers...IMO

Tony, that is a great example!

The example fits for this situation exactly. This is like that 370Z that was completely engine modded and extensive bodywork and THEN someone buys that particular car just to rip out everything and then modd it a different way a second time. The question is WHY not start with a base car for a lot less that buying an expensive massively reworked car and THEN doing another expensive massive rework?

This is a double workover... and it seems that he's hoping to lump the cost of both projects together as the "value" of the car. Just because you can start with gold to make brass does not mean that the end product is more valuable...