HybridZ

my z is barely getting any fuel

okay I removed the distributor and spark plug cables. brought it to TDC and redropped the distributor with the rotor pointing at about 5:30-5:45 put the cap back on and redid the cables to make sure they're correct. now it won't even fire. I checked for a spark and I'm still getting one. I can also smell gas on the spark plugs so I know gas is getting into the cylinders.

it atleast fired before. what could I have done?

Was the TDC on the compression stroke?

An easy way to tell if its the compression stroke it to get a buddy, take out the #1 plug, hold your finger over the spark plug hole, have the buddy crank the engine over untill the air in the cylinder pushes your finger off. As soon as your finger is pushed off stop cranking, that should be TDC on the compression stroke.

Then take the cap off the distributor and see what contact in the cap the rotor is pointing towards, this should be where the #1 plug wire is on the cap if its not then re-stab the distributor so it is.

I don't have another distributor to test with but I tested (more than one) spark plug and I was getting sparks. I thought it might be flooded. but how do I fix that? I figure just let it sit right? I can always test it tomorrow/today technicaly to see if it was just flooded.

also, bad spark plugs wouldn't cause this right? that may cause it to run weird but it would fire right? because my plugs were pretty bad. I cleaned them. I figure they make a spark then they're ok. but I do have new plugs. we were kind of hoping to hot use them until we got it running.