HybridZ

Brake Bleeding Issue... Soft Pedal, Basically No Fluid at Rear Calipers, help!

1540-MOTIVE-BLACK-LABEL-POWER-BRAKE-BLEEDER-EUROPEAN-CARS.jpg

I love mine. No more messing around with pumping the brakes, no need to keep filling the reservoir, no need for two people, easy to completely flush the system.

Pour your new fluid in, pump it up and then start opening bleeder valves. Works like a charm.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past winter i replaced my entire braking system from pedal to rotor with performance stuff. It was quite the pain to get the fluid moving at all. Between the remote reservoirs, new lines and everything, the fluid just did not want to move. My solution was to find an extra reservoir cap, drill a hole in it, and stick the rubber tip of my blowgun in the hole. I turned my regulator down as far as it could go and gave 'er hell. I could tell it was working by the fluid slowly going down. I even had to re-bench-bleed it that way due to the remote reservoirs. I like Braap's pressure bleeder, thats sweet. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard, I might have have done something similar.

• 1 year later...

1540-MOTIVE-BLACK-LABEL-POWER-BRAKE-BLEEDER-EUROPEAN-CARS.jpg

I love mine. No more messing around with pumping the brakes, no need to keep filling the reservoir, no need for two people, easy to completely flush the system.

Pour your new fluid in, pump it up and then start opening bleeder valves. Works like a charm.

Which adapter cap are you using? I made my own pressure bleeder, however I didn't have a spare 240 cap to work with and the cap I do have is not sealing on the reservoir. I would definitely just like to buy the Motive adapter and make it work with my bleeder if you know which one will fit the 240 reservoir.

Any luck picking up a cap at one of the local auto stores? I have a 73 BTW. I tried O'reillys and NAPA today and they are not able to order me only the cap..has to be an entire master cylinder. Any other car's reservoir caps compatible with the 240's that I might be able to pick up?