HybridZ

Fuel pump is only making 2psi?!?!

motoman

So last post i made a bad title. I need to figure out what is going on here. I'm building a 260z and a put a new mc fuel pump in and it is only making 2psi. I cleaned all the fuel lines and retune line out. i think there might be something wrong with the cam contating the pump. Can anyone help me out on this. I still new to this stuff so i have never ran into this problem.

Picture of the pump mounted on any spacer and picture of the cam fp eccentric on the front of the cam would be helpful. Even though you only have 2 lbs of pressure the engine should run as long as there is fuel in the carb bowls. Is there fuel at the carbs?

• Administrators

As Rags mentioned, if you provide pics of those items, that would help a lot.

You'll have to remove the valve cover to see the fuel pump eccentric.

Also be sure the spacer is between the pump and the head itself.

Keep us posted... :2thumbs:

Yah i think i might have solved my problem. The car has been sitting for 16 years so all the rubber lines are shot i'm going to replace them and clean the tank. The spacer is there i will take the cam cover off if cleaning the tank and new rubber lines doesn't fix my problem. I also took the line off the fuel pump and tested how much psi i it is making and i made 3 1/2psi.

After the pump. It is a vacum/psi. So if i had it before it it would take a vacum reading.The filter is brand new so i don't think that would be the problem. Yes i have tryed it clean fuel the fuel in the gas tank if new as well. The gas tank has been clean out very well and the rubber lines have been replace. There is fuel in the pump but there is no fuel in the carb floats or the furl rail.

We had this problem on my son's 72 240z. We had cleaned the tank but not flushed the lines or changed the filter. It was crud from the tank clogging the filter. When you said you cleaned the tank did you have it boiled out or what? There could be sediment still left in there. Just a thought. Good luck!