HybridZ

Show me yur throttle cable setups

I am in the process of making up a new intake manifold (similar to the LoneWolf design) and using a cable-actuated throttle body from a Mustang. So I will need to eliminate the stock throttle linkages and figure out a cable setup. I am using a megasquirt and eliminating the distributor so the log will be straight and there will be quite a bit of extra room around there. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this but I have just looked through about 50 posts and still don't have any good ideas. If anyone has done this type of conversion and has a good picture or advice I'd sure appreciate it.

the throttle cable is a simple and fun fab.

I used bicycle brake cable, bought it bulk from a bike shop, along with the cable sleeve, and the metal end knobbies that go... on the ends.

I ran my cable through the stock linkage holes, filling the holes in first, and drilling holes for the cable, while drilling less deep holes for the end knobbies to make it all nice and purdy. do this a couple times and you'll get to where you're trying to go. since you're fabbing the intake, it shouldn't be hard to figure your post points out.

I'll try and find some pics when I get back from the seafair parade tonight.

Obviously the throttle cable is very important and has to ALWAYS work correctly so the KISS (keep it simple stupid) is usually preferred. Yes, as Mayolives mentioned, Lokar makes excellent universal cable setups. I used it on my car and found that it adapts easily and works very well.

MSD_Dist_11.jpg

Photo7.jpg