HybridZ

Y'all may be seeing me again

Welp. I sold my e30. I'm parting out my 95 m3. I sold my 240z last year to david. I was planning on selling my 97 328i dd and just getting 1 car, a 4 door e36 m3. Buuuut, I just got this crazy idea. My father has a 72 with 45k miles on it that he said he'd sell me for a grand (he also has an early 71, and a 72 with an L28).

IMG_0193.jpg

best part about it (besides being rust free and having an uncracked dash)? it used to be lime green. and the engine bay, jambs, etc (although dirty) still have beautiful paint

IMG_0194.jpg

I wasn't too happy with motor options within my budget, and I went crazy on the straights getting passed by everyone when I had an L24. RB26 is my dream but too expensive. Ls1 is an option, but also rather pricey. L28et is so appealing, but I can't stand the sight of them with all those vacuum lines and hoses.

!BU4(MuQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKPuL8O,nw~~_1.JPG

then a local guy (axisZ if he's on here) said "Just get an n42 intake and a pallnet fuel rail" and posted this picture

l28_partout_013.jpg

and I'm convinced.

anyone have an L28et for sale? need an r200 as well.

• Administrators

Hmmm... Parting an out an E36 M3 and wanting a more powerful 240-Z... Hmmm... whistle.gif

Is the engine in the M3 in good condition and available?

I understand the BMW S50 and S52 6 cylinder will fit in the engine bay of the Z car... wink.gif and if 240 N/A HP is not enough to satisfy, I also understand those BMW S series 6 cylinder engine’s respond VERY well to small and moderate levels of boost. :burnout:

Click ME for an S52 powered 260-Z project... wink.gif

I have found my engine bay!! That is exactly what I want to end up with. I 5 different intake manifolds to use for my turbo engine and could not decide the direction to go in. There is definitely something to be said for clean and simple. That is nice.