HybridZ

NA fuel pressure regulators in turbo cars?`

Robert

Hi,

Ive got a L24E that Ive mounted a T4 turbo and megasquirt on. Im having problems with the injectors maxing out, and my question is, is the NA FPR 1:1 under boost as well, or will I need a new FPR?

Mod list for those curious:

Stock L24E

25PSI boost

Supra 440cc injectors

walbro 255 fuel pump

Intercooler

Upgraded clutch

T04E turbo

Performance is GREAT!

1:1 is what you want.

Get bigger injectors, or bias (increase the spring pressure) the FPR for higher fuel pressure at idle to make the injectors you have deliver incrementally more fuel to make up the difference.

At 25 psi, even in an L24, I would expect a 4 bar static pressure setting to get fueling correct at that output level.

1:1 is what you want.

Get bigger injectors, or bias (increase the spring pressure) the FPR for higher fuel pressure at idle to make the injectors you have deliver incrementally more fuel to make up the difference.

At 25 psi, even in an L24, I would expect a 4 bar static pressure setting to get fueling correct at that output level.

Well, 440CC (~44 US LB something, hehe) should be enough fuel for my application in theory... Im going to check the wiring to my fuel pump, as well as mounting a aftermarked fuel pressure regulator. Increasing the idle pressure doesent help very much, but 4bar was actually my exact thought!

Also, Ill go from injecting all 6 injectors simultaniously twice, to once, giving a whole ms extra of time to squirt.

Hopefully these mods will bring me down to 90 %, and maybee even lower. Though, I am thinking of welding an extra injector with dual map If Im still in trouble.. I was hoping for a bigger camshaft to, so maybee Ill just have to sell the injectors and get some ~600`s... I never thought the L24E would need that much though...

Watch out chaning from two squirts to one...you can get terrible drivability from that! Mine wouldn't even run that way (single squirt) due to the FPR not being able to regulate pressure consistently due to the large drop in fuel rail pressure. An accumulator is a must if you go that injection route!

You always need bigger injectors than you think you do. My wifes' car has 440 supra injectors on it!