HybridZ

Trying to find out what I have

Ok, so the story is that my uncle had some unfortunate events happen to him and lets just say one thing led to another and now I have this 73' 240z

he was the 2nd owner I believe, and the car sat outside for 15 years

but the interesting thing is that it has a California racing body kit on it from have I have learned through research and what not, and well to be honest, I am not to fond of actually keeping this one because I have another car that is my project car, so I want to get rid of it but I really have no idea on the scene and market for this kind of stuff, I have been researching on this and other sites but I just couldn't put a price on it

I dont care for some amazing profit here, I got the car for free (minus the $200 tow) I'm just trying to find out what it would be worth to someone who actually is very knowledgable about these cars

here are some pictures

SDC12941copy.jpg

SDC12943copy.jpg

SDC12954copy.jpg

SDC12947copy.jpg

SDC12960copy.jpg

As far as I know, the engine was overheated ~15 years ago and was never run again (thus the reason it was sitting outside for 15 years)

has some american racing wheels, a few holes on the passenger floorboard, the front windshield is cracked, the roof looks like it was bondo'ed to hell, and the headlight area of the body kit has some damage...

I dont expect much, but curious minds wish to know :cool:

Ouch, from what I see is a hack job on the front end, rear wide body kit, not sure what kind, not really into wide body on this, and some tail likes that will take a few hours of hard labor to get back to good, looks like a good project, not sure what you could selll it for, motors no good if it didn't run for 15 years for sure.

Edit, you also have a wail tail spoiler

I agree the flares look like Jim Cook Racing, but I think the square headlights have been added. I've never seen a JCR kit with the square lights.

If the basic chassis isn't rusty, it's got potential.

jt

i do have something, thats kind of my problem, I have a 87' TII Rx7, and it needs work too, and this I have this....and two project cars at this point in my life is not such a good idea, so I must get rid of one, and at this point I "like" my Rx7 better

Cool! Do you mind posting pics of your RX7?

I would find some parts for your RX7 and look into trades if the Zcar doesn't mean that much to you. Otherwise put your best idea of a price on it and post her up with some better pictures. :wink:

It appears to be the same kit as the one on this car in the link, although not executed quite as well. I recognized it and saved the link because I have what I think could be a Jim Cook hood. It looks identical to the one shown in this link. I haven't checked out the composition of the hood yet or weighed it. It is in primer and so lightweight, I can lift it easily with 1 finger, yet it is very rigid & strong.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/649840/2