HybridZ

source for T3 Internal wastegate

Zmanco

I ordered my Garrett T3/T4OE with the 5 bolt exhaust side thinking I'd be able to swap the internal wastegate from my existing stock turbo. But while they're close, they clearly are not interchangeable. I already have the MSA down pipe with 4 bolt flange. I've found a few sources online for just the T3 wastegate, but they are either V-band or 3 bolt. I did find a 4 bolt, but the holes for the studs are not evenly spaced as they are on the MSA down pipe.

So I'm looking for suggestions. Anyone know of a source for the wastegate that will fit the factory 4 bolt exhaust flange? Or perhaps has someone converted to an external wastegate for a T3 and not need their old internal one anymore?

ATP-WGT-026-2_thumb.jpg

What size is the exhaust turbine wheel? I have a exhaust turbine housing and end piece for a stock turbo like you are looking for. I paid 200.00 for the housing. Let me know if you are interested.

The housing is setup for a stage 5 wheel.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I think it would. However I just ordered a new unit from ATP Turbo this morning.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-026&Category_Code=WGT1

I'll grind off the weld for the MSA 4 bolt bracket and replace it with this one instead. Not exactly "bolt-in", but like with most other upgrades, it rarely is. :)

So the wastegate arrived and these guys must be brain-dead. I called to ask what the ID of the flange was and after waiting a few minutes, the guy came back and said 2.5". I asked if a 2.5" exhaust pipe would fit inside and the answer was again yes. So I ordered it.

Turns out it's closer to 2.1". How is it possible to so misread a ruler?

So now I'm looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/t3-t3-t4-5bolt-downpipe-flange-to-2-5-v-band-adaptor_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem2ea70a6691QQitemZ200370972305QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

But I'm new to V-Bands so I have a noobie question: is the ID of a 2.5" V-band flange actually 2.5"? In other words, will a 2.5" exhaust pipe fit into the flange? I don't want to go through this again.

Strange, I have a very similar problem, and I suspect it may actually be the exact same problem. Here I have a stock Nissan t3 exhaust housing, and a Turbonetics t3/t04 exhaust side of the turbo:

2009-07-30%2017.13.55.jpg

From the sounds of it, Garrett and Turbonetics use the same wastegate cover. I'd REALLY like to be able to just use the stock wastegate setup with this, so let me know if you come up with a decent (affordable) solution. I've been looking for awhile, but probably not as hard as I should have been.

I spoke with APT Turbo to get an RMA and he asked me if I was seeing boost creep. Since the car isn't on the road I said I don't know yet. We talked about their 3" V-band solution: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-023&Category_Code=WGT1 which I had been leaning towards anyway as I think I'll eventually go with a 3" exhaust. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=148513

Long story short, I ordered it along with a 3"-2.5" adapter to go between the v-band flange and my existing 2.5" downpipe. I'm getting to that point in this project where I need to get it done and I'm beginning to throw money at it. Not my preferred method, but the summer is going to be gone soon...

I'm in the exact same place (throwing money at things, I just ordered a brand new set of injectors for $200, as an example). If you don't mind, let me know how it turns out and exactly what you end up ordering. I'm fairly sure I'm going with a 2.75" or 3" exhaust myself, since the ideal l28et setup is basically established.