HybridZ

Yay now I have a S130T and a Z31 N/A

RUZN

So after searching all the small towns in and around Alberta I found a place called Wabamun!! what the hell is Wabamun... who cares Cause it was the resting place of a American Guaged 90% Rust free 1984 Z31 all Black with T-Tops and Power eveything all for $800 Bucks!....

The Goods:

The only rust I could find was on the drivers side B Pilar and its just started. The frame the body, and all shock towers are in Excellent if not peeerrrrfect shape. Seems liek it has some Arizona Dust on it maybe LOL..

The Bads:

Hmm Auto.. *Sigh yet again cant find a manual for the life of me lol*

The slight bit of rust I must tackle tomorrow on the pilar

hmmm The odd dropping Idle

The ripping out of the AC unit LOL *less weight more gogo!*

Non Turbo *Future life will be Turbo hehehe*

All the Damn dust in the engine bay Geeze!! what was this thing a Dust Bandit!!

Other than that she's friggin perfect

Even came with 4.4L of oil, New Valve cover Gaskets soem other gaskets and 90% Tread basic tires LOL

Pretty cool find indeed and to think I was going to Edmonton to find a 240sx LOL heheh

Soon to be updated with pics of this Dust Bandit.. uh oh she's already got her name!!

Old and Dusty!! just the way I like em!! :mrgreen:

I was wondering dose the L28 280ZX N/A 5 speed bolt right up or I do have a VG30DETT transmission as well dose it share the VG30E bolt pattern?

Trying to find the turbo manifold and turbo and the other junk I need for turbo. But Transmission as well. Some guy offered a good sum of Money for the VG30DETT tranny so thinking I'll sell that and get my VG30E some new stuff..

UPDATE!!! Hidden in all the compartments I found a New timing belt, some new ignition stuffs, as I stated the Valve cover gaskets, more random seal goodies all OEM nissan box's and bags hahah

Just went to the wrecker and Got a 95 Pathfinder manifold and after some grinding got it to fit perrrfect ontop the engine so going with that and also a KA24DE Throttle body so she should be breathing a bit better =-) pics of the so far build Tonight.. *walks to shop* :)

well I do have a Z32 Manual so your saying that fits MAG58. Then I could drop that it I suppose just need clutch plate flywheel master and slave cylinders and the list continues LOL I just cant wait to get her running with new Manifold and a few other tweaks to see how much gain it gives ona N/A till I get all the parts to make it Turbo lol Gawd these things are so Modable once you get in there Such fun Such fun!

Wabamun has a decent lake for boating, lots of mill foil tho.

Anyway, the z32 transmission can be made to work with a few things, but any manual z31 transmission will serve you fine until you start making more serious torque numbers.

you won't see much gain doing anything while the engine is in non turbo form. The sohc heads don't flow very well for any sort of n/a power. You might notice a bit of low end response from the longer intake manifold runners however.

Yeah thats more my Experiment for Now. Basically its so damn Dusty and dirty in there I just wanted to Clean here up Give her a Bit better Airflow and then DD her to school and Back in Sept as a Cheaper Gas runner than my Modified 280zxt which I'm still tackeling Vacuum issues. Not sure if its the O2 not reading good enough or what only happens at full Stop and then I go to gas I get Over Rich black smoke then suddenly Bang tons of power but normal RPMS as I dirve are fine sooo.. Running the 1987 300zxt ECU Manual ECU on a AUTOMATIC trans so not sure if thats the issue either. Tried several TPS, Changed Distributor positions, switched Coils, odd ball...

Not to much concern as of yet other than shes a Gas pig So waiting for another O2 Cause my last one got fouled hard. Could be a crappy injector I suppose but no money for that expensive crap yet LOL.

buuut yeah went off on a rant. Just want a Basic Z31 for now to DD HAH! *Aquires Parts to make it a Mucho Z soon*