HybridZ

Been thinking about moving

AkumaNoZeta

I've been wanting to move, I want to be close to a road course. A fun road course. Does anyone have any suggestions? I love tight S-curves if that helps. I might have a better idea of where I would like to go if I played those Forza games or whatever they're called, that you race on actual tracks, but I'm not much for video games. I've looked at a lot of different tracks so far but barely skimmed the surface. So far the one I like the best is Pueblo Motorsports in Colorado. Are there more fun tracks than that in America? Like I said I like tight S-curves, but I would like to be by a track that has both those and big sweeping curves. Another thing I liked about the Pueblo one is it also has the drag strip incorporated into it. I'd rather keep it in the northern countries because I like the cooler weather, but the south doesn't bother me at all either.

Oregon Raceway Park does look fun, but I think I still prefer Pueblo. Any other suggestions? Which one is the one with the infamous corkscrew?

I have to agree that Pueblo is pretty darn fun!!

For the best weather and the ideal place, I'd have to go with the Bay Area (or thereabouts) in California!! Just to the north, you have Sears Point Raceway (now known as Infineon Raceway), which has a drag strip. (didn't have the camera in-car when I ran there)

Just to the south, you have Laguna Seca Raceway (now known as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca), which has the corkscrew.

Both tracks hold big races (Nascar, Indycar, Monterey Historics, ALMS, Grand-Am, etc) and you are also not a far drive from Thunderhill Raceway Park and farther south is Willow Springs Raceway. So, that would have to be what I'd call "heaven". Just my 42 cents. :)

How is California to live? One thing is I can't stand bimbos, no matter how good they are to look at, and all the bimbos from my high school came from California so I pretty much have a negative point of view of the state as of now, but you can also say that point of view comes from my own ignorance of the place. So to cure the issue of my own ignorance I'll be willing to hear how it is to actually live there. I know it's is the birth place of hot rodding so it has that going for it.

Just like any place in the country, there are plenty of good place and "not so good" places to actually have a house. There are "bimbos" everywhere, but to make that kind of generalization is a bit absurd. If you are looking for tracks to run, the bay area will give you more options than pretty much anywhere in the US. You can also live in Southern Oregon and be 4 hours to Portland International and those other tracks previously mentioned and 4-7 hours away from those California tracks. I grew up in SoCal and have lived here in Oregon. The other factor would be what you need or do for work. The weather in southern Oregon is much drier than most of the Pacific Northwest and we have no sales tax here, too! Hope that helps.

You like pueblo, I agree, it's a fun track, but showing it's age.

The city is now making it a city enterprise and have some road racers on the advisory board. That's great considering in the past 35 yrs those on the PMI board were slanted heavily in favor of the drag strip.

There is one track you may or may not have heard about.

If you know about pueblo, you should know about our old track 2nd creek in Denver. It closed down in '05 because of encroaching developements.

The amatuer clubs who managed 2nd creek have built a brand new road course east of byers. Less than an hour east of the I-70 and I-25 interchange.

http://www.highplainsraceway.com

It is open for business. It has a lot of elevation change, long sweepers, just about anything you would want in a road course. The best thing, since it is a grass roots effort by the clubs it's cheaper than the rest but every bit a world class track. The only thing lacking are the ammenities which will come in time.

The Z Car Club of Colorado also has a minor stake in the track as a part of one of the 5 main clubs that built it. Read the history on the HPR web site.

Maybe, just maybe, the employment prospects for your line of work should be a factor in making a decision on where to live.

There is something about being gainfully employed that has a positive effect on one's quality of life... more than tight S curves and low bimbo population percentages.