HybridZ

Going to the Wrecker! Going to the Wrecker! 370cc Injectors

RUZN

So As I have torn down my z31 I have aquired some upgrades known to many including the 1995 Pathfinder tall intake witht he nice long runners intot he Plenum. I also took the injectors all 6 for $21 bucks haha But then I found my old Z32TT injectors at 370cc now they look inbetween Stock Z31 inectors at they have the Caps that stick out. The pathfinder 1995 ones dont have the Nipple thingy. So im thinking Ill need the 95 Plenum of the lower intake to HEAD cause its recesses match the Z32 gaskets/grommets W.E. lol. So off to the wrecker to get the distributor (assembly) the lower intake plenum, maybe the heads? 10 years newer lol

Anyone know if theres a valve size difference on the Pathy Heads? bigger? Smaller? I see horsepower is about same as Stock z31 as the engines identical except I think theres more Cooling ports on the block and head of the Pathy VG30E isnt there? will that affect head gasket or since heads wont have holes to block I guess no coolant would go in those holes right plus the gasket would block off those holes.. ANyone tried head swaps? Just msg as I can see msg's on my phone as I spend a good 5 hours out there today collecting free bolts and such haha

OH ALSO!! Are the ECU's the same? or is there better fuel Mapping on the Pathy? ANyone anyone?

ty guys

Honestly you'd find more information if you go to the Z31 performance forums. They have loads and loads of information there, specific to the questions you're asking.

I have a Z31 Turbo [i don't know too many people on here that do] and I still don't know that much about the VG30ET enough to tell you proper information. Go find the experts!!

Are you going turbo with this or what? JW

OK yes to Turbo. For now I will fabricate a Manifold that will have a FLange mount on each side to mount turbo's with EASE! But have them plugged off for now until I can afford such turbos LOL.

Anyhow I got to the wrcker and found some more pathfinders, removed the dsitributor assembly, clutch fan (no electric yet student budget lol) and Lower plenum off the pathy 1995 which has wider recesses for the injectors (the stubby type).

As per comments I wont use the stock VGTT Z32 ones for leak issues.

I ALSO FOUND! hehe (hidden in my toolbox I swear I dont know how it got there!!) a Jaguar 4.0L inline six Fuel rail and injectors. I figure if the stock model was 325HP then these should be somewhere in the 400cc range so Perfect for my 280zxt =-) Sooo tonight will be test night for those injectors MUHAHAHA

has anyone noticed how nice and clean a Jag Six is wow the Exhaust Manifold cover is Chrome and squarish so nice and the intakes roll in like Ram horns with a Center mounted TB that is friggin like 80mm LOL yes people its time to adapt Jag shat to Z's LOL well at least the exhaust cover LOL

stick with the z31 'style' injectors. you can get larger injectors from a multitude of cars, from the rx-7 (fc), DSM injectors, mk3 supra, old mercedes etc. They basically are the 11mm o-ring type. They will fit perfectly into your lower intake manifold, and if you use stock top feed fuel rails, they will work great. You can also buy billet fuel rails from places like z31parts.com or diabolic motorsports.

Going 'off the wall' for modifying z31's generally ends up with a torn down engine and no progress, check out the stickies at z31performance.com and they will have all of your modification needs. Also check out the turbo FAQ in the link below, it will give you good guidance when modifying your z31.

http://redz31.net/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm