HybridZ

how can I make it faster

I think there has been one important fact that's been left out here, how fast do you want it to be? For those of us that are constantly broke (I, being one of them), a lot of the things you can do to the car will be sweat equity waiting for some cash flow. Depending on what muffler you'd like to run a quick exhaust job will make tons of difference if you've still got a rusty ol' system in there. As Drax said, 2.25-2.5 is plenty for a Z and with a decent muffler and if you really hate drone an inexpensive glass pack, it will sound good to. If you make some diagrams on cardboard and take it to a muffler shop, they can bend it and you can throw it on there. I think my entire exhaust cost something like 100 bucks maybe a little more because I wanted the glass pack for drone.

While you're under there you can check the car for leaks in the diff and rear seal of the tranny. They're not hard to replace and then your car wont mark its place everywhere it goes.