HybridZ

Look at the turbo I just won!!!

The turbine wheel on the HE351VE is titanium....is that aerospace enough for ya?

Generally speaking, you are right about the vanes not standing up. This is mostly regarding the Garrett VNT turbos as they have a more delicate design with more moving parts. There is hardly anyone running the Holset VGTs as far as I know so I'll refrain from making actual reliability claims, but the design seems much more robust.

There's atleast one guy running a holset VGT on an eclipse I think it was, last report I saw was at 1k miles into the install, hard driving, plenty off boost, and the vanes were fine, and the mechanism still worked perfectly. The issue might be more with the ability to move rather than the vanes themselves *shrugs*

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The turbo came in today, and it's exactly like the pics above, and indeed brand new.

I also picked up a brand new GT35r that I think I'm going to put my effort in installing, instead of the VNT turbo.

This turbo will be for sale (at what I paid) so speak up via PM if interested... :burnout:

Just for shitz and giggles, heres what it looks like with the turbine housing removed....

I did not try to remove the compressor cover.

kodac102.th.jpg

kodac101.th.jpg

kodac100.th.jpg

kodac099.th.jpg

kodac098.th.jpg

kodac097.th.jpg

You can see the lever mechanism in pic below that moves the slotted plate, the tear drop shaped vanes are attached to, that change the a/r

kodac096.th.jpg

kodac095.th.jpg

kodac094.th.jpg

kodac092.th.jpg

kodac091.th.jpg

kodac103.th.jpg

kodac090.th.jpg

• 1 month later...