HybridZ

Deleting amp gauge

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I searched the forums for a topic I thought I read about deleting the stock amp gauge in the 240Z. I want to replace the amp/fuel gauge with my AutoMeter fuel gauge and need to know what to do with the amp gauge wiring. Do I just wire it together and insulate it well? Any special considerations?

Note- I have a Summit fuel cell with sender so the fuel gauge should just hook right up.

Guest Anonymous

Perhaps I should have started my post with "I am an electrical bonehead".

What do I do with the two large wires from the amp gauge? When the gauge is disconnected there is no electrical to the car, do I splice them together or will that burn my car to the ground? The answer is probably obvious to everyone but me.

Man, I really need to read an electrical manual. bonk.gifugg.gifcry2.gif

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by KicknZ:

Perhaps I should have started my post with "I am an electrical bonehead".

What do I do with the two large wires from the amp gauge? When the gauge is disconnected there is no electrical to the car, do I splice them together or will that burn my car to the ground? The answer is probably obvious to everyone but me.

Man, I really need to read an electrical manual. bonk.gifugg.gifcry2.gif

Jerry, I connected mine with a small screw/nut and taped it up well. I put a 100amp alt. on and didn't want to find out what effect that would have on the gauge. No fires over the last year since I did that.

On the Australian model and im guessing the US one, you will find on the drivers side kick panel above the relays two big white wires that have male and female conectors,if we call one, wire one, and the other wire two, then all you have to do is disconnect all wires and plug the male of wire one in to the female of wire two and the same for the other, this bypasses the gauge and leaves the wires to it dead.

Steven