HybridZ

Question on Routing Fuel to Rail

calpoly-z

I'm in the process of building an O-Ring fuel rail to replace my barbed one, and I was thinking about ways to route the fuel lines that would look a little better. I was thinking about mounting the FPR to the firewall and routing both send and return around the back of the engine. I drew up a little schematic to show how I was planning on routing things, but before I went ahead and did this I wanted to verify that this would not cause any problems.

FuelRouting.jpg

As you can see, I want to mount the FPR inline before the rail and then have one end of the rail plugged. Does anyone see any issues arising from this?

I routed my fuel feed into the end of the fuel rail nearest the firewall, and then from the other end to the FPR which I mouted in the location of the stock mechanical fuel pump, which I then used the original feed line as a return.

Been working great this way for over a year.

You will need to verify that your FPR will indeed provide proper fuel flow to the rail connected in the way you have pictured above, some rFPRs will and others won't.

I would advise against mounting the FPR on the firewall, some sanctioning racing organizations will fail tech with the FPR mounted on the firewall.