HybridZ

oil pan mods

seriousracer

yep first post. only because i joined to talk about

RB20det oil pan fabrication.... spam? well yah but it is also to help you guys/gals out.

imga0285.jpg

imga0282.jpg

imga0284.jpg

imga0289.jpg

imga0287.jpg

imga0292.jpg

imga0293.jpg

so checking the interest in this.

this was mostly a stock one

first one we did. So i made a couple of mistakes. I made a jigs to move the oil pump pickup and depth and to set the pan depth and angle ... and no i forgot to take pics of this pan in the jigs...

custom mods will be welcomed.

http://www.Kmotorwerks.com

seriousracer@hotmail.com

Modified by seriousracer at 5:47 PM 8/24/2009

looks great!!

thanks yours did not come out to bad either..

We do lots of metal fab and envmyz asked me to do this for him so i did . i laid it out and my old boss(Ex McLaren Can am fabby and indy car fabby) welded it up we also decided to make jigs at chris's urging .

can do a deep sump wide sump with baffles to . custom would be pretty easy. he wanted a stock look and this is what i came up with...

So this replaces the 200ZR discontinued pan for RB20 25 26 swaps in S30 chassi ? How much are they what are they made of ? Do you still need to do the 200ZR oil pick up mod ? Doesnt look to bad , congradualtion .

Correct. This "was" a stock RB pan. Front sump made into a rear sump. He takes the stock oil pickup and fabricates it to make a mirror pickup.

I'll let him post the price. Basically, you'd send in your stock RB pan and pickup. He'd work it over and send it back.

Good to have others offering alternatives to very expensive pans. I ended up with a sweet custom from R.I.P.P.S., and paid dearly for it, but I think they can be done cheaper here in the states.

As you know, it don't mean squat how the outside lokks, just get the inside right, and the angle, and you will have the customers.

Correct. This "was" a stock RB pan. Front sump made into a rear sump. He takes the stock oil pickup and fabricates it to make a mirror pickup.

I'll let him post the price. Basically, you'd send in your stock RB pan and pickup. He'd work it over and send it back.

i would like to do it that way but would be willing to get few pans and pickups for quicker turn around. with people still sending me their pans THAT ARE USABLE. This would effect price on a crushed unusable pan for a new one modified.

It does take a solid 8 hours plus materials to do this. And to make it look good.We could do it in half the time mig welding it and not taking care of the details but i would and will not do it that way.

Like i told chris you would need to double clean the pans when you get them back from us. not gonna get rich off this but will make a little and provide a good solid product.

pricing for one that will come out better then chris's (sorry chris ) would be 350.00 dollars plus shipping. custom add ons such as side trap pan larger sumps would be more and on a per basis. other pans(aluminum) and mods are welcome but will not be done half way. they will be right or take it to the guy who will do it for half the price.

some of our other work.

header(stainless) oilpan(drysump with scraper) front cover for balancer and electormotive ignition wheel.

imga0978_copy1.jpg

chassis lotus europa E prod car

imga0040_copy2.jpg

My T buck control arms left over 91 lola chassis control arms.

imga0237.jpg

plus some cars we have restored over the years include a third and a second at pebble beach.

• 4 weeks later...

I have two stock RB20 pans. I was fortunate enough to get an OE 200zr pan, so I do not need my stock RB pans.

I considered using my 200zr pan as a template and modding the stock pans and then selling the OE 200zr pan. I only paid $150 for my 200zr pan..... yeah I stole it!

Oh and your pan looks great! $350 sounds like a great deal, considering what people are trying to sell them for.

• 5 weeks later...