HybridZ

Any experience with Black Dragon fenders?

WizardBlack

I bought a Black Dragon replacement fender for my S30. Not terribly impressed with the fitment.

Details of rework needed (so you can skip it if you are not interested):

I will have to cut, shorten and reweld the loop that the inspection panel clips onto. The drain lip that follows around the inspection panel mating area is crashing against the inspection panel and has to be metal worked to open the area the panel fits into. The rear edge to follow the door is not quite right. It also appears as if they weld the reverse angled back edge that lines up against the door to the rest of the fender and it had a 1/2" area right at the crease that will need tacked closed. Some of the edges are bent pretty good. The packaging they ship it in is very good so it was packed that way. The two layers of sheet metal at the front end where the headlight bucket bolts on is slightly misaligned and I have to drill one hole out so the headlight bucket stud will fit into it.

Anyways, any one else have experience with them? I really want to get the other fender, but not sure about getting another one from them. I think the one I have will test the limits of my own ability (or budget I am willing to permit) to repair and correct it.

What you are experiencing is very common. I was reading threads a few days ago about fenders, Black Dragons fenders were mentioned a few times as not fitting well, as were many other aftermarket fenders. Seems the best ones to get is to order from Nissan, they are more expensive but come with a lifetime no rust warranty. That said, with a little work, I'm sure you'll be able to get that fender to fit.

What you are experiencing is very common. I was reading threads a few days ago about fenders, Black Dragons fenders were mentioned a few times as not fitting well, as were many other aftermarket fenders. Seems the best ones to get is to order from Nissan, they are more expensive but come with a lifetime no rust warranty. That said, with a little work, I'm sure you'll be able to get that fender to fit.

I wasn't aware that you could buy OE fenders any more.?..

I have a new aftermarket fender, bought it from a guy on craigslist so I don't know who makes it. After doing just initial test fitting and comparing it to the stock fender, it really doesn't fit all that great. Oh well, I only paid $60 for it so I'll probably just repair the stock fender with a tabco repair panel and keep the aftermarket fender as a spare.