HybridZ

Nitrous Injection RB25

jakeoster

Ive been considering adding an EFI nitrous system to my Z for some cheaper HP gains. Ive been considering this one from the Holley brand NOS, http://www.holley.com/05122NOS.asp

Do you guys have any experience with this kit? I would be running a safe shot, nothing too crazy. Just wanted some feedback from you more experienced guys. Im running an RB25DET S2 with stock internals and standard mods, with a newly installed fuel pump.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use that kit in particular but I have been using a single nozzle wet kit on my rb25 z for several years. I normally use "50" jets but I briefly had 125 jets in it at one time and quickly destroyed a ringland on the #5 piston at over 600rwhp on pump gas. lol.

RB's with bigger turbos are fairly lazy and the nitrous really wakes them up.

JT

I'M running an automatic and i could not get my single to spool till i was about 330 feet down the track. I added a 75 shot that was only activated on the transbrake. i plan on adding a boost sensor that will keep the shot going till i reach a certain PSI.

unfortunately most classes limit power adders to only one. eventually i will have to decide if i want to fix the stall on my converter or just keep running nitrous.

Here is the last run i did without nitrous

th_1169.jpg

and here is the last run with nitrous.

th_910.jpg

Turbos and Nitrous go great together as long as its set up correctly.

Nitrous gets a bad rap because some people throw the bottle on it for easy, cheap, HP only to eventual blow up their engine.

J Taylor's set-up is proof if you take a mild approach, you can have great results for a long time.