HybridZ

Dynomax super turbo 3" muffler is not a true 3"

5.Z

Furthermore, you should really plan to install two dynomax bullets up front along with the dynomax turbo in the rear. When I first did the exhaust it sounded terrible with only one muffler in the rear. The drone was unbearable in the car and the exhaust outside also sounded terrible in a weird way. The twin bullets fixed it. ... hard to believe but the bullets up front made a "night and day" difference.

I have said the same thing for years, if the thing is too noisy, do what the OEM did and put a premuffler/resonator on the thing. It can really knock down irritating noises, and not cost a lot of HP (if any at all) in the process.

As for Mr. Bell and 700HP on a 3"... Testing on someone's car on this forum says otherwise. Down maybe 100HP I'd be prone to agree. But 700? People with N/A 2.4's in the 200HP range are finding 3" is the minimum acceptable, I think some of his quotations are more 'ballpark guesses' than the result of hard testing and real world observation. I know it's terrible to say, but some of Corky's stuff is really outdated. His book is well over 20 years old now, and at that time was using 10 year old data. Time to move on from some of his myths. Some of them are especially pernicious.

well i complained to summit and all they told me was that its how they make them. i figure thats what they would say. they did offer me a return if I wanted to. but since this muffler seems to be the best qoute for quite and cheap I guess ill keep it.

quick questions.

are all superturbo muffler reversible? i have read that they are but it said unless noted otherwise. i looked all over the dynomax box and it did not specify.

what do you guys think? on summit it said intlet is offset and outlet is center.