HybridZ

To rev or not to rev kit

blueovalz

Are rev kits basically only a race item, or do their bennefits extend down to even the street machines. I assume the purpose is to maintain high spring pressures without isolating these pressures to only the spring retainers, thus distributing some of the stresses. Anybody got any opinions? Grumpy?

Like everything else, IMO it depends! If you are running a hydraulic roller and believe AFR, it would be crazy not to! I would say it was a neccessity for a really big cam on the street so you could reduce valve spring pressures so the heads/valves as well as springs would live longer or if you turn 7500+ rpm for periods of time longer than a drag race. I have put probably 15k miles on my Comp solid roller in the last 15 years and have had no troubles without a rev kit. I always planned on a stud girdle just to help hold lash, but never needed it.

here again i think it comes down to a feeling of safty. on a normal street engine or even one that see's some track use i don't think its a nessecity. on a motor that you intend on autocrossing or are going to race often then i would probly put it in. it really depends on the cam you run.if your running a big cam then definantly