HybridZ

Ka24de-t z31

RUZN

OK so since I want to build a Really nice oldschool VG30E-TT I figure Ill pull the rest of it out of my Z31 and build it on the Bench.

So For now I want to make another type of Hybrid.

The KA24DE-T Z31

So far I have Aquired:

1993 240sx KA24DE motor in good shape complete with 5SPeed Transmission and Razo SHort SHift.

Next I am going to get Exhaust piping/ Welding materials/Some Steel and basic seal kits and rings for the Motor as Well as Pistons as I will keep stock ROds and Crank.

Also Have injectors from the wrecker that I plan on getting cleaned and Mapped.

So in the next few Days I will be posting tons of pics Very Detailed this time around and Exact costs in materials to build a Fairly decent KADE-T motor that fits into a Z31 without to much issue. *hehe yeah right!!*

So. Stay tuned as I figure since there is millions of KA's in the world waiting to be Freshened up. Lets see total cost to at least make 250+hp out of a KA

thus making a fairly decent DD Z31 with the wide selection of parts offered for KADE motors/Transmissions

Motor Pic Before! Soon to be After hehe

16623_thumb.attach

this is what I needed to hear lol. I remeber reading something about it dosent clear the Swaybar or something by 1" inform me please.. just tearing down the motor now so cleaning it all Making Manifolds and Making a new Air intake Plenum

Also using MIZUMO motors Full engine Kit (All seals gaskets ect ect and Rings NPR) $285 plus $50 shipping 2 day

So I started a mockup Flange and Pipe for my Project 300z (Spec-SXT) hehehe and heres the first flange-pipe. So far so good Fits perfect seals nice and after a couple hours I should have a basic Manifold constructed

Again Mock piece to see fitment or flange

Mockup Flange Header KA24DE_thumb.jpg

ok so went in town and got some 1/2" by 3" Flat Bar Steel. took the old Gaskets from the exhaust manifold and a can of spray paint. Laid out the flat bar sprayed over the gasket and Vwala imprint of where I need to drill heheheh...

Then I proceeded to cut the center hole which is now 1 3/4" and the ports on the L24 err I mean KA24DE are 1 1/2" so when I finish porting those exhaust ports Ill port match to just under flange size to make sure there is no pressure trying to escape out the flange.

I then welded 1 3/4" Exhaust piping to the flanges a good solid doubled bead LOL and the pipes extend out about 3" at various angles.

So I plan on going 4 to 2 to Turbo Flange so it hits the turbo in a V pattern.

Then I want to have a 2 1/2" Flexpipe (ughh $60 dollars!!) from turbo to under car and make a External Wastegate I guess and then the rest is easy lol. So more pics later tonight as I weld weld weld away!

got some serious flash!! gawd I hate my welder!

This probably would have saved you a ton of trouble

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-KA24DE-Steel-Exhaust-Flange-1-2-CNC-Machined_W0QQitemZ270334885425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Car_Parts?hash=item3ef136fe31&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Don't forget after your manifold is made to cut the flange between each pipe to allow for thermal expansion. Also enlarge the outer bolt holes by a bit for the same reason.

yeah mine isnt filed or made pretty yet but it was made by me for a total of $15 CDN same day shipping same day creation LOL... its the fun of the process for me. But damn thats one SHINY piece of Metal!! hehe

and yes I did enlarge holes when I made em for that reason. I also plan on making slight cuts like 1mm deep sorta like the Aluminum cooling towers on a PC chip ya know..? for better heat dissapation. it will be wierd but fun im hoping for a FALLOUT 2 Look. should be neat

And BTW I measured up the motor width and length as well as were the oil pan sits and it looks like it should just go right in there. I kinda have a lasting memory that the 240SX chassis was based off the 300zx wasnt it? I mean if you look at the 89-91 240sx and a Z31 beside eachother they do look similar in shape.. But hey its a Custom build so whatever needs to be done will be done!

• 1 month later...