HybridZ

Dose the 1983 Z31 Autotranny bolt to L28ET?

RUZN

Hey guys and gals I was wondering if anyone knows if the Bolt pattern is the same for a Z31 N/A Automatic Transmission is the same as the L28ET motor. Just need some extra gears on the highway Gas is getting expensive again lol

just trying to save some time

wasnt sure either was going to check now. But having 3 gears sucks lol burns to much fuel.. Example with this automatic at 3500RPM I am at 100kmh instead of other auto's like the z31 where I am at like 2500 or so even 2250. I always thought somehow this transmission is missing a final drive gear. anyone else seem to just have exactly 3 gears

the 280zxt Auto is supposed to have a overdrive button? Or the maxima?

My 300zx N/A auto has the overdrive button

So dose anyone know if the 280zxt Auto should have more than 3 gears? cause you would think they would make a cars transmission do more than 100kmh t 3.5K RPM I mean its killing my fuel milage LOL it just seems like something has to be wrong why would it be at Highway speed doing 4000RPM thats insane

The L series maxima bellhousing nwill be needed along with the tranny from either the overdrive Maxima or from a Mitsu Starion/Conquest.

If you have a turbo car only the Mitsu tranny - and you will need a torque converter - I think the one from the Starion is better - higher stall speed.

A search on this site should get you more info as I'm sure it has been discussed - I even remember responding to one post on the subject with the link to an article that no longer exists...

Well yeah stick would be nice. I have my 5 speed from my NA 280zx and now finally a 280zx was in the wrecker so I grabbed all the clutch master/slave stuff and the peddle so a weekend is all I need I guess..... but also I hear the na clutch is to small for turbo app but couldnt I just get a stiff ass stage whatever clutch it should do the job shouldnt it. Cause Act makes a kit for the 280zxNA for 300hp so I figure why couldnt I just get the FIdanza Flywheel and a Stiff Act clutch kit... I know the diameter is 225 onthe na and 240 on the turbo. sooo has anyone used a NA 5 speed on a turbo?

I bought a turbo fly for 50, shipped on wanted parts from z-ya.

Cost about 100 to lighten, 189 for beck arnly clutch assembly (shucks) and..... way cool.

The fly and pressure plate were balanced.

Day to do the swap in sub zero temps in my drive way.

Later I filled it up with royal purple.

So I wrote Jatco and asked them to build a single prototype auto 5 speed transmission for the 280zxTurbo HAHAHAHA lets see what their responce is LOL!

I said hey it lasted 28+ years and is still going so why not build another with 5 gears just cause you can!!

lol this should be a riot!