HybridZ

I/C nitrous spray bar kits

skib

I was reading on a site that was basically debunking the HUGE gains you see with these. Granted it was on a Honda, but they were saying more gains were from the N2O making it to the intake than actually cooling. The tests also showed that marginal ingestion of CO2 greatly REDUCED performance (pretty obvious when you consider the science behind it). Let me find the link...

Here: http://www.cryofuzion.com/spraybar.htm

has anyone actually used a spray bar with N2O or CO2?

or are you just throwing in info from things youv read?

Iv done the reading, thats why Im asking for an opinion from someone that has actually run one.

and yes trwebb its better off in the motor, I know, but thats not what Im asking about.

If I thought my motor could safely handle a healthy shot of N2O I wouldn't be playing with an IC sprayer.

I was reading on a site that was basically debunking the HUGE gains you see with these. Granted it was on a Honda, but they were saying more gains were from the N2O making it to the intake than actually cooling. The tests also showed that marginal ingestion of CO2 greatly REDUCED performance (pretty obvious when you consider the science behind it).

I would be using it to cool the IC before and after runs, these guys there talking about have them hooked up to hobbs switches.

Some racers who are unknowingly using these intercooler spray bars with CO2 have also installed hobbs switches. This means they are using a boost activated switch to turn the CO2 spray off and on. (When the boost pressure rises, the CO2 spray comes on.) This is perhaps the worst idea for a spray bar I had encountered. The power robbing effects of the CO2 will be maximized at full throttle conditions, which is when the switches are activating the spray bars. If CO2 is to be used on an intercooler, it should at least be done while at an idle when peak power isn't a concern.

If you are going to go to the trouble of having NOS in your car... for god sake spray it in the motor.
AMEN! Spraying nitrous on your I/C between runs is a waste of time and money. 1 second after you put boost to the engine, the benefit gained in the pits is gone. Set it up for a 50-shot and go 1 jet richer on the fuel side to be safe.

A buddy of mine had a No2 spraybar on his turbocharged S2000. when dyno tuning the car the spray bar didnt really do much at all.. Although swapping the shot to spray inside the motor is a whole nother story.. The car puts down 586rwhp with the 2.2 ltr motor , 20psi of boost and a 65 shot of happy juice.