HybridZ

Aircraft-style interior dome lamp

jhm

All-

Here’s a great alternative for your interior dome lamp. They’re available from most RV parts suppliers, but I got mine from CarParts.com for $13:

http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2003343/c-10618/Nty-1/p-2003343/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10618/tf-Browse/s-10401/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=aircraft+style+interior+light

They come in multiple styles, are available in black or silver brushed aluminum, and the light fixture swivels 360 deg.

So if your dome lamp has crapped out, or just gone plain missing over the years (like mine had), and you don’t want to fork out the cash for an original-style replacement unit; you may want consider this nifty alternative.

jhm

the problem_thumb.jpg

unpackaged_thumb.jpg

the solution_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

citjet-

The new light fit the plastic panel almost exactly.

The metal panel underneath, however, had to be massaged a little. Nothing serious....just a little reshaping to allow for the swivel motion of the light fixture.

Also, did you notice that these lights are available in both single and double configurations? One of the double lights might be the thing to meet your needs -- two independent swiveling light heads on a single mounting base.

jhm