HybridZ

PLS SHARE WITH ME..

Guest John Adkins
Originally posted by Lockjaw:

I admit I am a Nissan fan, but you know what I really think is funny. When I take my ZX to the track and lay a major smackdown on some redneck who put a chevy motor is his Z and thinks it is fast.

I've been away for a while.... What happened? Did a bunch of people from zcar.com migrate over here ?!?!

This site was started so that we wouldn't have to put up with remarks like this....

It's good to have a bit of pride in your project, I have it for my L6, Blueovalz has it for his 5.0l .... I classify my car as a hybridz eventhough it has the nissan L6, with that destictive exhaust note. To me HYBRIDZ is about accepting any thing you want to put in your car to make it fast. To the new people watch, listen and learn, there is so much expertise here it's unbelievable.

Understandably the moderators want to keep this a good place to discuss any motor without flame wars. I would advise anyone not to put a K-CAR motor in their Z, that's just wrong :D . I didn't think it was a big deal, that could have been avoided by using the SEARCH function. This is closed forum graciously run by some very generous people, please respect it and ENJOY I know I do !!

Guest zfan

Amen to that! When and if somebody does the Q45 swap I would love to see it. Pictures please. I admit Im not that mechanically or technologically sound, what can I say. I would be in way over my head.

By the way not to change the subject but remember the hot Z with the turbo Supra drivetrain in it on Ebay. I think Jim(Black Magic) bid on it. Has anyone done that swap? Im thinking of that swap in 2003 or 2004.

Mike

wow! this has been an eye opener! to those who showed me love thanks a million 2thumbs.gif

it was nice to stand up to "mr moderator" hope you dont get an email saying you were "out of line" :mad:

or another mail from mr moderators back-up puke.gif

all i wanted to do was find out about the Q45 having found a really cheap motor.

wow!!

Guys, Lets all take a step back... This thread got out of hand and spun from another I deleted. I'm gonna ask the moderators to take a step back, and I'm locking this thread. There was some confusion in the initial post because many of us were confused about the Q45 reference. Most of us thought it was about the Q45 rear. I know of no one who has done the Q45 engine swap to success, and it hadnt been a discusion topic on this site.

Now, JAVV, I'm gonna walk away from this post, and hope that you will to, and start over fresh. However, WE HAVE RULES. This applies to everyone here... If this TONE continues in another post, I'm gonna start banning folks. I ask once, tell once, and then the hammer gets dropped. Choice is yours, but play by the rules or get banned.

Mike Kelly nono.gif

I'm going to have the last word on this one.

What Lockjaw and others that read this post need to realize is that my reasons for my statements to javv go far beyond what's contained in this post. In another post that has been deleted, he started screaming about how everybody was acting badly by not responding to his requests for help on a Q45 swap. He wasn't even clear in is posts leading up to that one whether it was a Q45 rear end (R230) swap or an engine swap. No one responded to his requests for a day or so and he started the now-deleted thread screaming about how everybody was behaving badly for not posting an answer - no one who had been reading knew how to help!

There was also some offline email from me telling him he had stepped over the line with his behavior. Then he said he'd stand his ground on HIS behavior.

So at that point (and now) he was on my very short (as always) bad guy list.

So when I see him breaking another HybridZ rule (even slightly) about "all Nissan" I responded as you see earlier in this post.

I am not apologizing for that. I was upholding the rules of this site and I will continue to do so.

My other post (HybridZ is like a party) was a response to all his posts and a call to everyone to remember why we are here - first and formost as a haven for those of us that don't like purists beating their chests to us about how we need to put Nissan products only in our cars. This BS has been on the Internet and otherwise for 20+ years in my experience and Owen and Dan started the old V8 swappers forum and this one (respectively) out of a need for us to have a place to discuss V8 Z's. HybridZ has obviously grown since then nad expanded. But our charter is basically the same. The L6 board remains, as many including myself see putting a 280ZX Turbo engine in a 240Z, etc. has a hybrid and one that has great potential!

Now you have the whole story.

Next time, I'll just delete the purist words and be done with it.