Powder Coat or Paint?

MREDDLE

Powder Coat or Paint?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Powder Coat or Paint?

• Powder Coat (candy red)
    • Paint (candy red)
    • Your out your mind

Powder prime is becoming popular with OEM car mfg's. I am not aware of anyone powder "colouring" an exterior body. Powder clear though not nearly as widespread, is out there in the OEM world.

I like that top pick of the red interior car. Looks like someone brought a car to work and had it done. Those look like hood/liftgate proprods used in auto mfg.

I'd love to redo my car, and bring it to work, and put it through our ecoat (electrocoating process) Dip the whole thing and get every little crevice protected from rust. Then powder prime it inside and out. With the amount of mileage I put on the car, it wouldn't rust in my lifetime. ;)

Race one's come powdercoated, I don't kow why people think it will be any different. Red Candy powder does not dull, red candy is a tinted clear BMW clear does not "dull". I have stuff out there over 2 years old. I have coated cages for people and they haven't gotten any grief. If it was powdercoated steel I would feel safer for rust protection around the seams of the welds than paint.

They powder coat the frames.....not fiberglass.

Unsubscribed

I've read a few kit-car magazines where they do powder-coating. It seems to be pretty popular with the kit-car cobras. I think it's factory five racing that offers a powder-coated body as an option.