HybridZ

Can an intercooler be to large?

luvmy280zxt

Thanx everyone for all the info, I recirculated it into the #4 runner and it works like a champ!! As for beginer league, thanx for letting me know! I try to word things the best that I can, I mostly work on FA-18e,f,g models so in the avation world we sumtimes have to give parts new names. Again thank you, much happier now cuz I can finally enjoy what 13 psi feels like!!

WHAT? Recurculated what? The bov? it does not have to be recurculated, it does help though. However where you are resurcing it to is a bit confusing. There is a "popoff valve" on the factory turbo intake manifold. This could be leaking aswell.

I think its time you posted some pics of your setup!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I routed the vacume line from the bov to the #4 runner where the stock bov was. I removed the pov and installed a 1 in plug. So there is no leaking from a pov. Basicly myy bov was venting to atmosphere before. So there was some unmetered air. I read on here that you can rout the vacume line from the bov back inbetween the afm and the turbo, or route it back into the intake manifold. Since I was installing an after market bov, I got rid of the stock one that comes out of the #4 runner and that is where i ran my line to. After i did all that and adjusted the timeing some, the car runs really good and im very pleased with it. Searching and reading helped me out a lot. So I hope I helped out with some of the confusion. :)

Well Itd going to b a week b4 I get the car back. Its at a shop having the ic pipeing welded, a small dent getting pulled out and my rear dif being serviced. If you need pics sooner, search "intercooler" ic pipeing, Anything that pertains to the ic. Theres a bunch of photos of how people routed there ic piping. Its a pain in the ass if you dont have the right tools. I had to cut into the head light brackets to get mine to fit. I use 2 1/2 inch pipe.

Goodluck dude!

Yes I routed the vacume line from the bov to the #4 runner where the stock bov was. I removed the pov and installed a 1 in plug. So there is no leaking from a pov. Basicly myy bov was venting to atmosphere before. So there was some unmetered air. I read on here that you can rout the vacume line from the bov back inbetween the afm and the turbo, or route it back into the intake manifold. Since I was installing an after market bov, I got rid of the stock one that comes out of the #4 runner and that is where i ran my line to. After i did all that and adjusted the timeing some, the car runs really good and im very pleased with it. Searching and reading helped me out a lot. So I hope I helped out with some of the confusion. :)

There is no stock bov. There is a "Pop off Valve". This is designed to vent if too much boost is produced.

732px-Throttle_body_openBOV12.jpg

Throttle_body_closedBOV7.jpg

• 4 months later...

I had to cut into the head light brackets to get mine to fit. I use 2 1/2 inch pipe.

Goodluck dude!

Really?? I used 2.5" universal kit off Ebay and routed it through the holes for the cab vent, then used a custom piece of sheet metal sandwiched between the radiator and core support. Bent outward to the wheel well and relief cut for IC tubing, then sealed it up with rubber tubing around the border of the new sheet metal. Intake for the cab is the other little holes in the core support. I figure it not only helps more air go through the radiator and a big plus for me, No cutting my car!! Just a tip for future readers