HybridZ

Energy Suspension Bushing kit, front control arm issue??? help!

hello Z peoples,

I ran into an issue today with installing the front control arm bushings on my 71 Z. It looks like the front control arm bushings supplied by Energy Suspension doesn't fit my control arms? The bushings diameter is too large to fit through the mount hole? Its not even able to be forced in? The sleeve provided fits fine for the bolt to go through. I read through the parts list and made sure I had the right bushing number that's imprinted on the bushing itself. (bushing #3060 and 3061, front control arm)

One thing I found interesting was that there was another set of bushings that look similar to the front control arm bushings? They fit perfectly snug into the mount hole but the sleeve is too small for the bolt that goes through it??? Another issue was that the bushing part # was not listed in the list of bushings provided with the full kit. (bushing #4066, unknown bushing)

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Energy Suspension Bushing Kit? Has anyone ran into this problem and if so what did you do? I called and spoke with a tech from energy suspension but he told me that the bushing were correct for my model Z (71 240z).

I am seriously thinking of shaving some material off the bushing to fit the control arms?!?! but i don't know if thats a good idea??? Any help with this is very much appreciated, and thanks in advance!!!

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/suspension/frontcontrolarm/index.html

This should help a bit. Atlantic Z techtips are a great resource, I check them before most anywhere else.

I threw in my arms with a larger set of items I needed pressed when I took them to a machine shop. They pressed out the bushing and the ring, I didnt notice any damage to the arm at all... You got me a little nervous now, anything particular I should look for?