HybridZ

I guess Z season is over...

thrustnut

I woke up this morning to almost a white out her in Central Oregon. Got about 4 inches of SNOW on the ground. I was planing on driving the Z to work today, I just got the heater working and the CD player in this weekend. Guess it's time to start getting my stuff together for my winter paint project.

Luckily, we don't have snow in PDX yet...

I know what you're saying though, it is damn cold now. I'm thinking of firing up the 'ol furnace today.

You know it is cold in the house, when you need a beer cozy to keep your hand from getting too cold, instead of worrying about keeping the beer cold, hehe! :rolleyes:

I was kinda hoping it would be a late winter. My family is heading down to Nor.Cal. for Thanksgiving and I wanted to take the Grand Am, it gets almost twice the gas mileage of the truck, but I'm not going through the mountains in the snow in it. It SUCKS in the snow, my wife folded the right front under on a curb last year. I told her she drives the truck all winter this year. Not that it won't happen to me, but then I'll be pissed at myself instead of her.

Haha... I'm sure I could take off, and I understand the dynamics behind flight controls, I may even be able to use the radios and program the GPS with the instructions. But I'm pretty sure the landing would be a little bumpy... I'm just a lowly A&P, no pilots licence.

I woke up this morning to almost a white out her in Central Oregon. Got about 4 inches of SNOW on the ground. I was planing on driving the Z to work today, I just got the heater working and the CD player in this weekend. Guess it's time to start getting my stuff together for my winter paint project.

I am in Susanville Ca. a cupple hundred miles south of you and we got the left over snow flurries from your storm. I heard that it was comming and went out yesterday.

I added Sta-Bil to the fuel to keep from gumming up the fuel system over the winter and topped off the tank. Winterizing the boat is next.

Last winter I drove over the pass in the GA and got stuck behind a cinder truck. I was following about 150 yards behind it when it decided to open up. I actually had cinder rock stuck in my hood, hard to stop on that stuff when its skating on the road.

• 1 month later...

Well with the nice weather last weekend I was able to brake out the Z again and take trip to Chico Ca. The only issue I had is that the Z seems to have a target on it. Everything from V8 powered trucks running stop lights to teched out German turbos on the hwy wanted to see what a little old Z car had. Well and with 8.4 lbs. per hp they did not see it for long and when I slowed down they would come up and give the car a thumbs up. Ya. I need to put it away for winter before I get in trouble.

Z season is just beginning for me in So Cal. It is too damn hot during the summer to drive the car regularly. I'll drive it in the morning and evenings, but driving it during midday is masochistic. Between no firewall insulation, no inner shift boot (Z32 trans), and some unplugged holes in the firewall the cabin gets awfully freaking hot on a 90 degree day much less 100. Yes, I am a pansy.

310z, I never get any grief in my car down here. It's odd. I am all but invisible to everyone including cops.

Z season is just beginning for me in So Cal. It is too damn hot during the summer to drive the car regularly. I'll drive it in the morning and evenings, but driving it during midday is masochistic. Between no firewall insulation, no inner shift boot (Z32 trans), and some unplugged holes in the firewall the cabin gets awfully freaking hot on a 90 degree day much less 100. Yes, I am a pansy.

310z, I never get any grief in my car down here. It's odd. I am all but invisible to everyone including cops.

That is beacuse you are in SO CAL were there are amazing cars and women everywhere. In Northern California (not the Bay Area) beautiful things are less plentiful unless you want to count the land scape. I am just starting riding season related to heat. My KTM has been sitting waiting for the dust to settle and fire danger to go away.