HybridZ

Star Ground setup.

FricFrac

• 3 weeks later...

Good thread to bring up, but not sure about the statement as far as the engine not being a good ground. All the MS stuff I read says to use a good engine ground and NOT the body/frame. As far as understanding ground loops - I am still unsure but reading more everyday. Matt Crammers book on high performance FI discusses ground loops and has some diagrams

Don't read into the idea of using the engine block as a ground for the MS as a "good" or "superior" ground point than the chassis is, it is simply because the sensors associated with the engine need to share the same reference point. This has to do with values that the sensors read as well as noise rejection.

About the idea of the grounding scheme brought up in this thread, I will state that I've solved more problems by REMOVING "ground systems" that were installed similar to how this thread suggests than having it solving anything or improving how the electrical systems work.