HybridZ

Intake manifold and timing chain cover bolt sizes

I picked up a 5.0 motor and a t5 out of a mustang notch in a trade but it came without the intake manifold so i picked up a holly carb intake and a edelbrock 600cfm carb for 50 bucks and i want to see if it runs before i start tearing into my 240z.

Any idea on the bolt sizes for the intake manifold and the timing chain cover?

I actually just bought some last night..lol

The timing cover bolts are 5/16-18 thread size and pitch. You'll need four 2" hex cap, flange bolts with one washer for each for the bolts around the damper area. Same thread size and pitch for the two smaller bolts behind the water pump, but make them 1" with one washer. I got mine at Lowe's for under $5.

Don't know about the intake manifold...I need those as well.

My motor is an early (1976) model 302 with the dipstick in the timing cover, if it makes any difference.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ukcats07
clarification

What you might do, is go to your local Pick & Pull. That is what I done for one of my 351W engines. I took me a bucket, went scrap engine pile and got all the bolts that I needed. For the Timing Cover, it has different length bolts in the cover. The bolts on a 302 & 351W are the same, as for as I know. The bolts on the cover vary in the style they are made, depending on what year of accessories you are going to use.