HybridZ

what does your sparetire well hold???

660Z

I just got the exhuast on my 240 and had to cut a section of the sparetire well out for the flowmaster muffler. So now it`s basicly useless for a full size tire.I have to remount my fuel pump becaulse I changed over from a r180 to a r200 and the mustache bar sits back to far for the fuel pump mount to work....ok long story short im thinking about mounting the pump in the spare tire well and covering the top with a metal door of some type...what do you think? what do you use this space for??

Guest Anonymous

As smooth looking as Dan's setup there is, I think the sheetmetal cover is its nicest feature, very nicely done.

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Ever see his old exhaust? Just kidding Dan... :D

Guest zfan

Very nice job Dan! 2thumbs.gif I have air in mine as there is no spare at the moment. Gettin car lighter by the moment. Just hope for no flats :(

Mike

Mine has a spare tire...and a 8" Kicker sub. I cut the hold down bracket out and flipped the spare upside down. You can gain nearly 2" of clearance in the tire that way. Eventually, when I have the tank out, I'll weld a nut to the bottom of the well and use a bolt to hold the tire down. I Then cut a 3/4" piece of MDF to fit the floor and flush mounted the speaker. Their is a 3/4" step in the carpet between the strut towers, but it is virtually undetectable and I get to keep my spare! (Hey, it IS a street car!)

Guest Anonymous

Good idea on the sub woofer. Mine holds what looks like the original 240z spare, probably still has some air (I've added, it was low) from 1972 in it. :D

Regards,

Lone

Originally posted by Lone:

.., Mine holds what looks like the original 240z spare, probably still has some air from 1972 in it. Regards, Lone

Lone,

Looks like my 78 & your 72 actually do have something in common after all. My Z also houses the original spare.

You know (regarding the original air in tires) you should replace the bad air with new air every now & then/or the tire(s) might rot from the inside out ;)

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)