HybridZ

Hearing Safety + some tunes/music = awesome

proxlamus©

I just bought a nicely priced set of Peltor A/O Safety ear muffs/hearing protection for $49 at Home Depot that has a built in AM/FM digital tuner and AUX input!!

I will highly recommend them for working on and fabricating on a car!! Cuts out 22 db and has great music input. The AM/FM radio uses batteries.. but the AUX input from your iPod or MP3 doesnt require any batteries. The radio sucks flat out.. needs a better antenna.

Combine this headset with your blackberry and pandora radio.. and its perfect.

416DB-645uL._SS500_.jpg

With my car on the rotisserie and working 3-4 hours at a time with a air chisel and 4 1/2" angle grinder it makes life a lot more relaxing.

** I'm not trying to sell this.. but if anyone is looking for a nice headset with hearing protection, its awesome **

I will highly recommend them for working on and fabricating on a car!!

Not me. I do use ear plugs to reduce the noise level and I do keep a stereo running at a medium volume in the shop, but playing music through headphones would mask too much noise. You need to hear what's going on when you're cutting, grinding, sanding, welding, etc. Sound gives you important information about what's going on.