HybridZ

Seats?

HICKL

I've got a 76 280 and of course my seat bottoms are torn. Victoria sells the "original" looking seat covers for around $300.00. Anybody done this? Are they worth a crap? Or, is there a particular seat from a newer car that bolts up nicely?

Thanks for your help

Jeff

I bought a seat re-upholstery set from JC Whitney, pn 78XD7493XF. They were made by Kar Kraft in California and fit my '77 seats perfectly. They aren't stock, in fact they look better with pleats and perforated vinyl. Best part was the price (they're usually $155), I believe I paid $115 ordering from their sale catalog.

I bought mine from MSA or Victoria British, can't remember. I think they are a very good copy of the original, and a good diy project. There have been many different seat swaps, do a search if you haven't already.

I have a set of 76 Chev Camaro seats that I will be trying to fabricate into the 75Z8 :D I have test fitted the seats already using the bottem seat brackets from my Datsun seats.

They (Camaro seats) sit a little higher than the Datsun seats and are a little more compfy. However, they also need to be re-upholstered.

A friend and I bought out a local Z repair shop and have a garage full of Z parts. We have not gotten around to sorting things out for sale yet but we do have a couple of brand-new seat cover kits. Everything will be sold below cost once we got things sorted out. Drop me an email and I will see what colors we have.

The trick with swapping in modern chairs is the width. Some here have swapped in Prelude and Del Sol seats. I bought a pair of Starion seats off ebay for $100. They fit nicely and are an easy mod to bolt in. Very comfy and adjust 7 ways to Sunday.

Guest 26ounce

What about Miata seats? Dimensionally they are very similar to old Z seats and come with the added bonus of having speakers in them. Apparently they bolt up quite easily too.

Lone, you have miata seats don't you? What do you think fo them?