HybridZ

Ended the season with a bang!

janaka

Went to Cayuga with a friend on Sunday...they were spraying the snot out of the track and the skies were clear.

first run launched at 2500rpm after a decent warm up of the tires. hook, bogged down and 12.1@118 with a 1.97 60'

hot lapped, decent warm up of tires again, rev to 4500rpm, launch. Hooked and bang.No go, flight pattern full.

pulled over before 60' mark if i was to guess. just trashed something in drivetrain. threw it in reverse to try to back up and rocks, grinding nastiness from rear.

first thought is bye-bye CV shafts. looked under the car no leaks no broken parts. hmmm. push it back to the pits no problem (forward and reverse).

End up starting the car and sloooowly letting the clutch out and it rolls forward under its own power. WTF. Throw it in reverse, nastiness, crunching, bad sounds from under my ass (diff area). Hmmm.. forward, ok..reverse bad. turn car off, roll forward, roll backwards no issues.

WTF.

Towed it back to Breslau and parked it in my friends garage till I get the new house to take it apart. Now I haven't had it up in the air at all to look under it well but i'm thinking either diff or tranny is toast. just doesn't make sense for the reverse to break when launching in first (i KNOW i was in first).

anywho that was my day. long ass day.

Thoughts on what the breakage was?

IMG00316_thumb.jpg

IMG00317_thumb.jpg

IMG00318_thumb.jpg

Got to work on the Z today.

George and I pulled the differential.

Decided to drain the diff before pulling the cover off since we couldn't get the cover off in the car.

Hmmmm

differential001.jpg

Drained the oil and through the 1" drain hole something happened...splash...

differential005.jpg

Took the cover off...something wasn't quite right

differential006.jpg

differential011.jpg

differential007.jpg

differential1.jpg

I think I might make a chain out of this... lol

differential.jpg

Anyone have an R200 3.90 or 4.10:1?

Good times.