HybridZ

Why don't you pay me what I want?

BenJammin

Now that I have your attention. I was inspired to respond to a post in the classifieds section, but felt it was wrong to keep this on the OP's thread, but I didn't want to forego the message I was trying to convey.

It seems that most, not all but most people here want things that are beyond great condition and even new for bottom dollar. If you want people that really have money go to one of the other Z forums where they are looking for the best parts and don't mind paying for them. I came across a huge stockpile of parts, many new still in box and everyone here thinks my prices are to high and I can't post them here now because I haven't made 40 posts or more at this forum, not a problem elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

My apologies to the OP, but just a point to consider since 'mister 4 posts' here wants to collectively slam the whole board for being a bunch of broke d**ks who don't want to pay for anything. I, and many others here consider this board to be a community. A community of Z lovers who support and help each other thru their experience and willingness to share. To look at this group as a captive audience of people who could/should pay top dollar for everything imho is not the way to truly be part of the community. Those who gladly come here for free advice and guidance on their projects, and then turn around and expect top dollar for everything they want to peddle just don't get it. I consider those with that attitude to be users. Go ahead and get your $2400 for that NOS dash, fine with me, and good luck, but you'll more than likely have to go to Ebay to do it. And like I tried to politely let you know, I've NEVER seen an NOS dash go for more than $2000 on there. Even if you get it from the Ebay community, go back and ask Ebay how to wire an RB25 into the Z, or seek advice on the best Z to buy and see what kind of response you get.

As a seller, I don't think that there is anything wrong with trying to get top dollar for a product that is rare/ intrinsically valuable.

As a buyer, I also don't think that there is anything wrong with trying to get the best value for my dollar.

As a seller I have learned that the best place on the Internet to sell is on Ebay because that is where the serious buyers are and it is a more professional format.

As a buyer I have bought a few things via this site because I needed them at that moment and asked. There was no great price break, nor did I expect one. It was just business.

I have asked for advice on this site and I have given advice on this site. There has never been any strings attached to either because help with conditions attached isn't really help is it?

This is a good site and there is a wealth of knowledge available here. It is in my best interests to not get my knickers in a twist over something as mundane as buying and selling...

I don't think he was quoting your classified ad Project Z...It looks like the ad was from a fellow in Vancouver who apparently found a stockpile of parts and wanted to retire on the sale of those parts.

I do however agree that if a buyer feels the price is too high, then move on and keep looking. I personally don't need a commentary from someone I may have never met on how my pricing is out of control. I think we will find out quickly enough if no one buys our stuff.

My 2 cents

Er...yeah, I don't see 'project z' in the quote.

Poor form... nice command to 'never post in any of my threads again'

Time to grow up, really. If someone posts something like that complaining about people not offering what he wants... well, maybe they deserve a little slamming.

If you want money, put it on e-bay with a reserve, and deal with that mess. Or even better: post it with no reserve and find out how much its worth that day...

Compared to another day when it may sell for 28X that much.

I know someone here who just bought a HKS Plenum for a paltry sum, and even with shipping to the USA was about HALF what most people were buying them for!

It's worth what it's worth the day it sells. That may be more or less than any other time. Neither the buyer, nor the seller knows what it's 'worth' until the deal is concluded.

Any other view is masturbation.

Nobody deserves good prices. If someone asks $XXX for something thats worth $XX, so be it. Its their choice. Its not anyone elses business what hes asking unless their wanting to buy it.

If that was in response to my post, I think you missed my point. The poster had essentially slammed everyone here because no buyers wanted to match his price.

My retort was addressing his expectations that they should do so, with an unnecessary yet free dose of attempted guilt thrown in.