HybridZ

240z suspension on 280z......

not sure if you want to do that? Way way back when I bought my car 1978 280z, I put 240z rear suspension on trying to solve what I thought was a bad toe in problem. The car sat so low the tires rubbed very very very bad. The strut tubes are shorter and the rear strut mount I believe are a different height in a 240 compared to a 280

Well i forgot to mention that mine is lowered about two inches and when i step on the rear bumper support it dosent rub pretty close though i might just have to bend the lip in a little bit........oh and i already swapped them out but i think i have to put the back springs on the front and vice versa because it has that look where the backs lower than the front

I have some pics but there on myspace if you guys wanna check it out

Sorry about that and thanks for the info. If I switch out the springs will it change that??
No, the strut insulator - or whatever it's called - AKA, the rubber piece at the top that has 3 studs you use to bolt the thing to the car, is shorter on a 240z. You need the 280z insulator, which is about an inch taller.

The springs may or may not be adding to the problem though. I'm not sure.

Ok I see what your saying. Since it's an inch shorter it gives it a wierd stance. So I guess all I can do is cut the fronts to even it out. Because I don't have the money right now to buy anything and the car has to be ready in 2 weeks. What do you guys think???

Ok I see what your saying. Since it's an inch shorter it gives it a wierd stance. So I guess all I can do is cut the fronts to even it out. Because I don't have the money right now to buy anything and the car has to be ready in 2 weeks. What do you guys think???
It would be much easier to just buy the right insulators for the rear. What did you do with the ones that came with the car? You could also try a junk yard. I doubt you'll have to pay much for two of them.

Well i had a 240z and i was parting it out and one day I noticed it was lowered. And during that time i had a couple days to get what i wanted off the car because someone was buying it. So i just swapped out the two suspensions and sold the 240z with 280z suspension. And when i sold it I had no idea that there was a difference.

Mine looks good. I think the rear fenders need to be rolled a little bit. I think I might just cut the front springs to even it out?? The rubber insulators are out of question ecause my mom called me and told me she an send me 200 bucks and i have to get the car running on that much money.

Mine looks good. I think the rear fenders need to be rolled a little bit. I think I might just cut the front springs to even it out?? The rubber insulators are out of question ecause my mom called me and told me she an send me 200 bucks and i have to get the car running on that much money.

the back looks good but the front looked like a monster truck.