HybridZ

How the heck do I get at the bulbs in the center gauges?

capt_furious

Pull the center console (the vent region, should be 4 screws)

Remove the weird shaped brackets that the console centerpiece bolted to (2 screws on each side)

Remove the big black vent duct that those backets held back ( be prepared to replace the foam lining it)

Remove the screws up under the gauges (one each) on the L shaped black rubber coated L peice holding them in.

The gauges drop out the back.

I figured it out...couldn't get the heater duct out of the way.

I pulled out the heater control bezel, unscrewed the bolt holding the arm on the back of the gauge, pushed the gauge back into the dash, then rotated it around until I could get at the bulb fitting. It's wedged in there pretty tight and it's tough to get at, but it's possible.

Pain in the arse, really. FYI, 1445 bulbs fit in the gauges.

getting the vent duct out of the way is easy. instead of losening the 4 brackets, take out the two screws that hold the duct to the brackets first. then take out the 4 screws and remove the brackets. Then push the hoses off the duct, and the duct will fall out. The gauges in mine aren't too wedged in, but my dash is crap. once you get the screws out holding the brackets the gauges will basically fall out if you rotate them. reach into the hole where they once were and unplug them. To make it easier to get at the bulbs, take off the two screws that hold the bracket to the gauges (it's a tiny screw, so having small screwdrivers will come in handy)

I've had to pull the gauges out of my car so much that I can get them all out pretty quick now. I was testing out a lot of different LED bulbs i had at work. Burned them all out but it was fun experimenting.