HybridZ

Will Corbeau VX 2000 Seats fit my 240Z?

Guest Willieboy240z

Guest Anonymous

Will,

Nice seats! If they do fit I want a set also. I ahve been looking at demensions also and have decided to try and find a seat locally so I can put it in the car and look at it. The thickness of the base (where your butt goes) is a concern for me (I'm 6"4') Also woried about the width at the shoulder area. Not much room in our cars there. You may check out Pete P's web site get his seat dimensions and compare. That what I keep meaning to do. Mark

Guest Willieboy240z

Mark,

I've had some discussions with the people at the seating company and it sounds like these particular seats may be just a little too wide at the shoulders. They have several other models. I might just go ahead and get one of the

VX 2000s and see if it will work.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Guest Willieboy240z

Mike, how much extra space to you have at the tightest point? The VX 2000 is one inch wider than the A4, so that would put it 1/2 inch closer to the door than yours.

Sorry, I've not been on the site for a week or more.

The A4s JUST fit in my car. The shoulder wing

is 1/2 inch from the door panel. The VX2200 is an inch wider in that area, according to their website. So the seat would need to move over a

bit to not hit the door. That ought to be possible.

As far as the difference in the base dimensions, that might be more of a problem. But if you don't want to use the OE seat belt retractors, that might not matter.

The other thing to consider is the height of the

seat bottom cushion when you are sitting in the

seat. The A4 the way I have it mounted on flat aluminum stock to adapt to the Z slider raised the me a bit in the car compared to the Z seat.

If you can sit in both seats and measure your

head height relative to the mounting points for

the seats, that'd be a good indication of whether

the VF2200 will work in that dimension.

Hope that helped.