HybridZ

Pipe seam split! Whats the best repair???

BURLEIGH

Well, I guess I should've paid a little closer attention to where the pipe seam was before I bent the pipe, but nevertheless...

I thought I would just take a thin cutoff wheel and grind it out a little and weld it back up, but maybe you guys know of a better solution??? It's 3/4" thick wall pipe and shouldn't see too much stress, but I do want to at least weld it to make sure it doesn't keep cracking.

Do you think I should drill holes at each end and fill them up with weld too to make sure it stops?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1115092146-00.jpg

I think you should buy new tube!

Well, I would, but I just spent a lot of time making this piece look identical to another... (see this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=156209)

I didn't notice the split until after I was done. I got all this pipe from the scrap pile of the local steel siupplier for $10 so I guess I should've expected something like this. I don't think it's going to be too tough to fix, but wanted to see if any of you guys had run into something like this before.

Thanks!