HybridZ

RB25 Auto to Manual Pilot Bushing

z-ya

I'm getting ready to install my RB25DE which was originally mated to an automatic transmission. I am going with an RB20 trans because it is NA, and no trans tunnel mods are needed.

I'm using an RB25 flywheel, and I have a Z32 clutch kit. I am trying to figure out the pilot busing. The pilot busing fits nicely over the input shaft of the RB20 trans, but the pilot bushing doesn't look like it will fit at all into the end of the crankshaft.

The crankshaft has an insert of some sort. Do I need to remove this? It looks like the pilot busing wil be too small if I remove it. Is the Z32 pilot bushing the right one?

PB240052.jpg

Thanks,

Pete

Man I hate those it took me two weeks of trying to get it out finally I use a dremel and cut it out. If you grinding it out into three sections you can then use a hammer and tap each corner and it will cave in then all you have too do then is pull it out took me like 45 minutes. I tried the slide hammer and the bushing pulling tool and could not get them to work. So just another option I guess.

Or..........you could just get a 3-4mm drill and drill into the collar at 9 oclock and 3 oclock just the depth of the collar, then give it a tap with a sharp chisle at 12 oclock and 6 oclock and hey presto, she's out, all in less than a minute or 2 and with no swearing.

Rob

I ended finding a nut that fit snug into the bushing, then I welded it to the bushing. I took a long bolt and screwed it into the nut until it bottomed out against the crank behind the bushing. As I tightened the bolt it forced the bushing out. This is probably the easiest way to remove it. Took me less than 15 min to do it.