HybridZ

Adjusting S30 gauges?

Zmanco

On my 73 240z the fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge are pretty far off and I'm wondering if there are adjusters on the backs. The last time I took the HVAC panel out I notice the plastic for the screws was beginning to fail, so I'd rather not pull it out if there's nothing that can be done with the gauges.

So do the fuel level and oil pressure gauges have an adjuster? And have any of you successfully used them to make them more accurate?

Tony D, do you have an idea of the order of magnitude of the resistors? It sounds like you might have done this before so wondering if we are talking 1k, 10k, 100k, etc? I'd like to make sure I have an assortment before I tear things apart - I might pick up a few potentiometers to do the adjusting and then replace it with a fixed value later.

Plus, at least for the oil pressure gauge, I might just add the resistors in near the sending unit - there's a little more room to work around there :)