HybridZ

defroster questions.....

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

ok, since it is getting kinda cold out now and i found my first coating of ice this morning, i'm wondering 2 things:

1) the front window vents. how do i get them to blow hotter and harder? (no insinuations, please :D )

2) i think my rear window defroster might be disconnected, and the light in the console won't come on (if there is one) when i push the button, where would i plug it back in?

There has been some info flying around about using a CRX (honda) blower motor to increase the air flow from the heater. I'm sure a few guys here have done it........if I remember right Lone has, but I know he is in the throws of moving, so I don't know if he will pipe in here.

Tim

Sorry if a little off topic, but didn't seem worth making a new topic for. Anyway...i'm missing one of the little paper-like ducts that goes from the heater blower to the defrogger opening, so i get all the air right into my feet instead of onto the window where i would really like it. Its all cold air at the moment anyway, but where can i get one/what else can i use etc. to replace that ducting?

Sorry again, and thanks.

Pat.

Originally posted by BadKarmaCreepin:

2) I think my rear window defroster might be disconnected, and the light in the console won't come on (if there is one) when I push the button, where would I plug it back in?

The defroster switch connector is behind the console. I think it has 3 wires in it. It's also connected to the defroster light.