HybridZ

Is this a shortnose r200????

Zreddy

I came across this today on ebay and was wondering if this would work the same as any shortnose r200 on an s30 when modified or if it is a shortnose... it looks pretty similar, ive just never seen a shortnose lsd from a 82-85 supra before. Plz lmk if anyone has used this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-SUPRA-82-85-REAR-END-DIFFERENTIAL-LSD-4-11_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a4a439afQQitemZ230395492783QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_924

• Administrators
don't toyota and subaru share parts?

R160 R180 from Subaru have Nissan parts... So... in theory they could share some internals?

I know Subaru and Nissan use the the same diffs from one manufacturer, (Subies still using the long nose variant). Whether or not it is the same manufacture for the Yota diffs, and even the Mitsu diffs, I don't know? Maybe JMortensen, Tony D, or someone else would know? If they are the same manufacturer, the internals very well may interchangeable. Now wouldn't that be cool. :wink:

I know Subaru and Nissan use the the same diffs from one manufacturer, (Subies still using the long nose variant). Whether or not it is the same manufacture for the Yota diffs, and even the Mitsu diffs, I don't know? Maybe JMortensen, Tony D, or someone else would know? If they are the same manufacturer, the internals very well may interchangeable. Now wouldn't that be cool. :wink:

IIRC, Nissan and Subaru both source diffs from Fuji Heavy Industries (who makes Subaru) and even though they both share R160 and R180 diffs, they do not yet share the R200/R230 as I believe these are Nissan only parts.

IIRC, Nissan and Subaru both source diffs from Fuji Heavy Industries (who makes Subaru) and even though they both share R160 and R180 diffs, they do not yet share the R200/R230 as I believe these are Nissan only parts.

I think that's because Subaru doesn't make an R200. The biggest diff they have is the R180 I believe and that comes on the STI. I think it would be worth while to crack open a toyota R200 and take some measurements. If the stub axles are interchangeable, we'd be in business. :)