HybridZ

RBs at scrap prices :D

kiwi303

Don't you just love those sweet deals when you score something at such a low price, that you can break down the surplus into spare parts and sell the bits for scrap to cover the part you wanted.

I won an engine auction, RB20DE with a blown head gasket, with the intention of pulling the head and replacing the gasket, but it came as part of a "you want one? you take the lot" clearances. An SR18DE (blown gasket), RB20e (running when removed from car, complete but for ECU, loom included) and an RB20DE (blown gasket.

Checking the scrap metal prices, theres enough ali in the SR18 and the RB20e head and intake to cover the purchase price of the RB20DE. And I have a spare RB20DE head sitting in the shed already, so I could probably build a second RB20DE out of the RB20e short block :D

Sweet! All I got to do now is strip the iron and plastic bits off the unwanted aluminium parts and I have my initial costs covered :D