HybridZ

Wipers arent working?

Ok My wipers arent working. I have tried swapping switches and it made no change. How can I test my wiper motor to make sure it works? Does it require just hooking up a power and ground to certain wires? Basically I need to trace down if it is a wiring issue , the wiper motor, or the switch i just got. Please someone tell me how to test my wiper motor. I might just hook it up to some toggle switches to make it work for now. It has been raining and I now cant drive my z due to no working wipers. Any and all help appreciated.

ok i found that the blue/red is 12v constant and the black is ground. do the speed wires get a ground or power? I dont wanna frie it so ill wate for a response.The motor isnt getting any power with the car running so Im assuming its a wiring issue so I now need to test if I can wire it up to work with some switches.

It might not be the wiring I had to take out my motor and clean the contacts and the motor because it had corroded a small amount because leaves had plugged up the drains in the cowl area and well you get the point. My wiper motor even worked before it stopped working then just stopped, so you might want to try that out also what year Z the wiper motor is in would help.

Sounds like you got your wipers working....but just FYI, another source of wiper failure can be a poor connection in the wiring plug in the engine compartment. The plug is mounted high on the firewall (passenger side), and the connections can often get corroded. Easy job to open the plug and clean the connections.

• 2 weeks later...