HybridZ

cool L series powered hydroplane!

1 tuff z

link to his fleabay L engine parts;

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/shewmax/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

link to the video, sweet sounding Nissan L6 powered hydroplane, love the open headered L6 running at hi rpm's-music to my ears!

excerpt from their racing website; "Sho nuff III is powered by a highly modified, fuel injected Datsun 240Z engine. Size - Approximately 165 cubic inches, six cylinders. Fuel - Methanol Alcohol. Engine speed is over 9,000 RPM's. Every part in the engine is modified for increased speed".

• Administrators
paul, i was figuring you'd buy the L parts he has listed now and add them to your 'cool parts inventory'!

There is no doubt I am very much attracted to odd ball funky and custom parts, the more exotic the greater the attraction.:willy_nil The intake he has listed currently is definitely one of those, "I'm interested parts", problem is my personal preference in S-30's does not involve L-series power. If I were to stick with 6 cylinder power it would an inline 6 and most likely a BMW straight 6, preferably the S52, (3.2L M3 power-plant. My bone stock N/A '97 M3 with its 240 HP straight 6 has spoiled me). My current S-30 project wil be powered by a traditional SBC swinging my newly acquired single plane crankshaft. :trippen:

Yeah, the straight ones are deginately preferred for hood clearance purposes...

The 45 angled ones are more of a boat-only setup if you want the long stacks...

(Sez the Customer who was complained about here for 'making the price on the manifolds go stupid'...)