HybridZ

external wastegate

J240ZTurbo

FYI, I found it cheaper to buy the intercooler piping as a "kit" on ebay (came with a variety of straight and bent pipes as well as silicon couplers and clamps) and it included a Greddy RS knock off including the pipe. I started out with it thinking I was going to chuck it and buy a name-brand, but so far it's worked perfectly so I've just kept it. Only problem is it's purple and looks ricey. Something for you to consider if you don't already have the piping...

The BOV is more or less an open/close valve that vents the pressure between compressor and throttle plate that can occur when the throttle is suddenly closed. Basically whenever the there is high intake manifold vacuum and boost pressure, the valve opens to vent it.

The wastegate is a valve used to limit boost pressure to a precise amount by bypassing exhaust gasses around the turbine. In order to hold a set boost pressure, it must rapidly and continuously adjust the amount of exhaust bypassed. It's not a simple open/close function. There's a degree of precision in its operation that goes beyond what's required of the BOV.

a blow off valve can be bought for 35$ for an ok one, but to get the same thing with a name brand$$$$ 5times that and does the same thing, and you won't blow your motor if it fails, as to if a wastegate fails.... there goes the motr, if peices go through the turbo too!!! if you run a cat, there that goes... so i agree chinese bov, japanese wastegate.. lol....

Haha. I know what you guys are saying but I know several people who run the cheap wastegate and have no problems. I would go with name brands on both. I have the tial mvs wastegate and the tial q in that "ricer purple" as Zmanco put it. I just think that if you are going to put one name brand thing you might as well suck it up and make them match.