HybridZ

weaherstrippin issue?

shika805

So I just got done finished doing my weatherstripping for my doors. Everything was going quite well until I tried close my doors? The issue now is that my doors do not align with the body of my car? It just doesn't sit flush. There is about a 1/2 gap from where it used to be. It seems that the weather stripping is too thick and it's pushing the door outwards, especially right by hinge area. The weather stripping kit is from BlackDragon Auto.

Can anybody help me please? should I just wait, and maybe the weatherstripping will compress? maybe cut some material off to fit better? If someone can help me or has any experience, it is greatly appreciated?

thanks in advance

never knew that the the weatherstripping kit was too thick for our car... its kind of too late for me to remove it now... there's definately enough material to cut off, do you think it too risky, or should i just go and retrieve some different weather stripping material???

I personally wouldn't use the door seals. Everything else in the kit is pretty good. I have heard of someone breaking door glass from trying to slam the doors with these door seals.

Also, be sure to wipe some silicone spray on your seals so that they don't stick to your doors/hatch/etc if the car sits for some time.

I had the same problem with new door seals. Go to pep boys. They sell generic door seals that grasp the body attachment point (no adhesive required) and allow the door to close properly. You will have to cut a 45 deg in the weather strip where it makes the 90 deg corner. One pakage is not enough to do one door. It took two packages of door seals per side. If you lay it out right you can hide the joints. No leaks for 8 years.